Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Falling Stock Price and Cocoa Grinding

RMCF has fallen with the stock market and it closed yesterday at $6.08. I talked earlier about how German cocoa grinders are probably going to have a decrease in grinding and that is what happened they had a decrease of 21.3%. This is really about who the end users are. Germany grinds cocoa for Eastern Europe and Russia, these countries have had a devaluation of their money and the countries are poor. I see these customers as spending money on essential like food, water and a place to stay warm, but countries with larger economies like US, and UK the chocolate is still being bought, because people see chocolate as an inferior good, so our income has decreased, but chocolate is still being savored. Germany is mad because European grinding figures rose .1%, they think something funny is happening, but I don't I think it is the economies of the countries that each grinder supplies.
http://www.flex-news-food.com/pages/23140/Chocolate/Cocoa/Germany/german-q1-cocoa-grind-falls-213-pct-year.html

No comments:

Post a Comment