I am watching the morning news and they are talking about the bonuses paid out by AIG and online there is a story that the CEO of Hershey just received a huge bonus. He received a bonus of $6.2 million after stopping Hershey's two year slide. David West was the COO, but he was promoted and to turn the loss of market share around for Hershey, he poured money into marketing, which is a good tactic to get customers aware of your brand. I had noticed more and more commercials on tv about Hershey "Kisses" these are the first ads I have seen for a long time.
Another bit of information in this article was that Hershey had lost their 1st place in candy sales in the US, in October Mars bought Wrigley Jr and became the #1 candy maker in the US, you do not here much on Mars because they are a private company, but Hershey is still the leader as a chocolate producer.
I still think that CEO's compensation should be tied to their performance and the profits of the company. If the company increases profits then top management should receive a small percent like the rest of the workers and they can receive a bonus like a profit bonus, that is only a small part of the profits. I do not believe that CEO's are the backbone of the company and that they are the only reason that the business increased profits. All workers should earn a part of the profits. http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/090316/hershey_executive_compensation.html?.v=1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment